Thanks to mjray926 for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award. The rules, as I understand them, are simple enough. 1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the Versatile Blogger image on your post.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers, providing links to their sites. Let them know you've nominated them.
4. Share 7 random things about yourself.
And I would add bask in the glory.
My 15 nominees are:
1. Jon Sanwell - a recent post from Bangkok shows a great eye for portraits and some wonderful black and white images
2. David Guidas - I love the out of focus on his latest post and his more recent ones have some fabulous muted color and selective focus.
3. Cameravagrant - currently wandering the French countryside, capturing nostalgic, somewhat sad abandoned and neglected places
4. Johnny Wanderlust - loves to travel and brings back outstanding photos. His last two posts are from Jerusalem, the one of the Church of the Nativity shows a marvelous use of light.
5. Terra Rathi - her latest post, Sale, shows that it is possible to get a great shot wherever you are - if you pay attention. And her series of holiday themed shots are marvelous studies in simple elegance.
6. Shane Costantino - he has a wonderful eye for interesting details.
7. Rudolf Vlcek - a photographer from the Czech Republic, produces images with an abundance of mood.
8. Darren Ketchum - I am fascinated by urban exploration and abandoned places. Darren has some fabulous images of such places.
9. Bill Anders - truly wonderful street shots.
10. Dave - Dave does some marvelous work - best of all, he is willing to experiment and talks about his process.
11. Andy Beel - I love his black and white work.
12. Luke Parsons - His header image is enough to visit his blog.
13. Adam Rybczynski - because he's local (sort of) and does some wonderful studies of old, historical and/or abandoned places.
14. Ray Chong - posts a wide variety of photographs, long exposures, details in nature, abstracts.
15. Rachel Jane - her latest post of thistles and making wishes is outstanding.
So, for the 7 random things about me -
1. The best thing to ever happen to me, my son
2. The second best, buying a DLSR on a whim, letting it sit in the box while I thought about the wisdom of spending all that money, then saying to myself - what the hell, open it, let's see what happens.
3. I have been a security guard, barista, competitive ballroom dancer, among other things.
4. I'm a cat person - and yes, I meet many of the stereotypes of people who are cat people, except that I don't have 30 cats, just one.
5. I love spicy foods.
6. I hate using a tripod but am working through my issues and learning to work with it, if not exactly love it.
7. I much prefer being behind the camera rather than in front of it. I've been known to tell people that my likeness does not appear in photographs. I have photos where there should be a reflection or a shadow - and neither are there. :)
Thanks again to mrjay926 for nominating me for this award. Now to notify the people I nominated . . .